Everywhere you look in Melbourne people are sporting the 'mono look', black, white and grey. To contribute to the sustainable clothing industry I set up a Facebook buy & sell group called "A Monochrome Melbourne" This group is a platform specifically created for the ladies of Melbourne to buy & sell their black, white and grey wardrobes. Pre-loved items have already served their function so any extended use is recycling and a contribution to sustainability, which impacts global warming. Well done gals, lets sell, sell, sell! So, what are the benefits to buying or selling on a Facebook group?
- Turn your unwanted clothes in CASH! It's probably one of the easiest and quickest ways to make money without leaving the comfort of your own home. It's simple, take a photo, write a brief description, post on Facebook and wait for the 'SOLD' comment - easy!
- NO SELLER FEES! Woohoo! This means every $$ made is 100% yours to keep OR reinvest in an item another seller has posted.
- It's instant, see something you like the look of whilst scrolling through Facebook and it could be in your wardrobe that same day. There is no waiting for the bidding to close like eBay its a simple sold, pay, collect.
- More often than not you stumble across rare and sold out pieces at a discounted rate. There's nothing worse (LITERALLY NOTHING) than not buying something you really liked, only to realise it has sold out...seriously sad times.
- Finding new homes for second-hand goods prevents them from hitting landfills, which are ever-filling and release methane and greenhouse gases. This dramatically contributes to climate change - not cool!
- Disrupting mass market fashion whilst prolonging the life of clothing. Making something old, young again.
- You choose which groups to join based on your own personal style. It's great when you find a group that matches your style. Fashion is about expressing your individuality. This is why I set up A Monochrome Melbourne, basically so I could buy just black, white and grey...shh!
- You become a part of a fashion community who all share similar interests. Some Facebook groups are strict on what can be posted, but I personally prefer the ones where you can openly ask for styling advice or post something that you are looking to buy...your "unicorn".